Henry KLEYMEYER, the founder of Kleymeyer & Klute Brick and Tile Works company was born in Germany, 29 Jan 1841. When he was seventeen years of age he came to the United States and located at Evansville, Indiana, where he learned the business of making brick. In 1865, he removed to Henderson and started a brickyard there, which has since developed into the magnificent plant of the company of which he is the official head. Although he takes an interest in all matters affecting the public welfare he is independent in his political affiliations, and acknowledges the claims of no party to his suffrage. In 1870 he was married to Miss Louise PRUENIG, a native of Germany, who came with her parents to America when she was bout one year old. The family settled near Evansville, where her father was for many years a well known farmer. Mr. and Mrs. KLEYMEYER have had the following children: two who died in infancy; Carl, who died at the age of two; Louise, now the wife of Rev. T. C. TEBOUR, one of the field workers of the Kentucky Sunday School Association; Henry C., who lives in Evansville, Ind.; Mary, wife of T. ANDES and lives in Henderson; Carrie, now Mrs. John ANDES, residing in Evansville; Minnie and Alfred at home. All the children received good practical education to fit them for the duties of every day life. Mr. & Mrs. KLEYMEYER are both members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Lower Ohio Valley, Federal Publishing Company, 1905
HENRY KLEYMEYER REFERENCES
1870 CENSUS OF HENDERSON COUNTY
1880 CENSUS OF HENDERSON COUNTY
1900 CENSUS OF HENDERSON COUNTY
Contributed by Netta Mullin, HCH&GS
Copyright 2002 HCH&GS